WELCOME TO THE VANGUARD CENTER FOR NEUROLOGICAL HEALTH
The Vanguard Center for Neurological Health offers assessment and evaluation as well as individual and family counseling, behavioral therapy, speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, play, and activity therapy.
Assessments and Evaluations
Diagnostic evaluations in the areas of social-emotional-behavioral functioning, cognition, academics, speech, language, sensory motor skills, and brain mapping may be arranged through the multidisciplinary team at VCNH.
Individual and Family Counseling
Individual and family counseling are both offered at VCNH. Individual counseling helps children and teenagers learn to identify, manage, and communicate their emotions in appropriate ways.
Speech-Language Therapy is used to treat a variety of disorders that affect speech production, expressive and receptive language, and cognitive communication skills.
Occupational Therapy assists children and adults in overcoming impairments or disabilities so that they may function appropriately in their day-to-day life. Pediatric Occupational Therapy is play-based.
Play and Activity Therapy
Play Therapy is a structured, theoretically based approach to therapy that builds on the normal communicative and learning processes of children. Therapists strategically utilize play therapy to help children express what is troubling them.
Behavior Therapy (also referred to as ABA Therapy) is an evidence-based, empirical method of therapy that addresses areas of behavior that the client and therapist wish to replace or change.
americans that face Anxiety disorders
children between 13 and 18 years old in America that Face Anxiety disorders
americans that face Specific phobias
people with mental disorders that go untreated
Get In Touch
Location: 4901 Lyndon B Johnson FWY Ste 150 Dallas, TX 75244
Telephone: (214) 256-6324
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm
ADDRESS: 4901 Lyndon B Johnson FWY Ste 150
Dallas, TX 75244
CLINIC PHONE: (214) 256-6324
BILLNG PHONE: (214) 853-1373
FAX: (972) 884-0690
Behavioral Therapy & Clinic Hours
|Monday||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
- www.chadd.org (Children & Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
- www.help4adhd.org (National Resource Center on ADHD)
- www.addwarehouse.com (Resource Center for Understanding and Treating ADHD)
- www.healthychildren.org (American Academy of Pediatrics- Topic: ADHD)
- www.additudemag.com (Strategies and Support for ADHD & LD)
- www.childmind.org (Child Mind Institute)
Books for Children
- Learning to Slow Down & Pay Attention: A book for Kids about ADD (3rd ed) by Kathleen Nadeau, PhD & Ellen Dixon, PhD (2004)
- Whole Body Listening Larry at Home by Kristen Wilson & Elizabeth Sautter (2011)
- Whole Body Listening Larry at School by Kristen Wilson & Elizabeth Sautter (2011)
- The Survival Guide for Kids with ADD or ADHD by John Taylor, PhD (2006)
- The ADHD Workbook for Kids: Helping Children Gain Self-Confidence, Social Skills, and Self-Control (Instant Help Book for Parents & Kids) by Lawrence Shapiro, PhD (2010)
Books for Parents
- Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete Authoritative Guide for Parents by Russell Barkley (2000)
- Maybe You Know My Kid: A Parent's Guide to Identifying, Understanding, and Helping Your Child with ADHD by Mary Cahill Fowler (1998)
- ADHD Achieving Success in School and in Life by B.P. Guyer (2000)
- Smart But Scattered by Peg Dawson, EdD, and Richard Guare, PhD (2009)
- Executive Function in the Classroom by Christopher Kaufman (2010)
- Driven to Distraction by Edward Hallowell & John Ratey (1995)
- Succeeding in College with ADHD: Issues & Strategies for Students, Counselors, and Educators by J.S. Bramer (1996)
- Smart but Stuck: Emotions in Teens & Adults with ADHD by Thomas E. Brown, PhD (2014)
- A New Understanding of ADHD in Children & Adults by Thomas E. Brown, PhD (2013)